Friday, March 30, 2012

Old Friends

Very tired.

Years after I thought I had left it behind, insomnia comes to visit again. I should've known better. It never really leaves, and the trigger can be something small, like a neighbor's inconsiderateness at 6 in the morning after I've worked a 10 hour day. I know that I give it more fuel than it needs, or deserves. Last week they put their house up for sale. I won't be sorry to see them go (or at least one of them, who joined the household later) but I hope the new owners are more aware of their surroundings.

In the meantime, I'm working on getting by and welcoming early spring weather. Also getting a few estimates next week for a new furnace. My present one is 28 years old, and I had plans on replacing it at about this point. It's a pricey job, and I'm only lucky I've been able to save some money for it.

What this boils down to is dealing with uncertainty, and life's looking more uncertain over the next few months. My response has been a renewed resolved to hit the cushion more often, as in every night, instead of just three nights a week. There really is no time like the present. It's all we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Manwha Opus

I recently finished a graphic novel from a Korean artist and writer named Yeong-Shin Ma. His previous work was called Moms, and it was relea...