Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Congolese Death Virus

Recovering from what has to be the worst stomach virus I've ever encountered.  10 solid hours of both vomiting and diarrhea.  I was seriously considering calling 911 at one point, but I held out and suffered through.  I'm feeling better today, though I still have a bit of discomfort, probably from gas.  I only went to work because I don't get paid for sick days.  I barely had an appetite.  I can eat solid food again though, and keep it down.  It's times like these when you learn to appreciate the basic things (like healthy digestion).

I always find myself wondering where I got a bug after the fact.  Was it at Bruegger's on Sunday afternoon, when I got a bagel sandwich for dinner?  Or was it at Wegmans earlier that day?  I'm not sure what the incubation time is for a stomach bug, but it's probably not too long.

I should be back up to 100% tomorrow.  In the meantime, it's a good thing I live alone.  No one could stand to be in this house with me tonight.  There was better air quality in northeastern France in 1916.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Manwha Opus

I recently finished a graphic novel from a Korean artist and writer named Yeong-Shin Ma. His previous work was called Moms, and it was relea...